High points nomination
From 9am (Australian Central Standard Time) on 19 April 2017 the requirement for high points nomination will increase from 80 to 85 points.
This change is in response to the overall quota being achieved under the existing 80 points requirement.
This change will not affect applications lodged prior to this time. Applications for high points nomination received after this time will be refused if they do not meet the 85 points requirement.
High points and chain migration exclusions
Effective immediately the following occupations on the Supplementary Skilled List are no longer available for high points or chain migration nomination:
- 221111 Accountant (General)
- 223111 Human Resource Adviser (not available for high points since 02/09/2016)
- 225113 Marketing Specialist
- 225412 Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)
- 242111 University Lecturer
- 242112 University Tutor
- 251511 Hospital Pharmacist
- 251513 Retail Pharmacist
This change does not affect applications lodged prior to 1pm on 5 April 2017. Applications for these occupations lodged after this time will be refused if applying for high points or chain migration nomination.