On 04th of November 2019, the Hon David Coleman MP officially launched the Global Talent – Independent program which offers a streamlined, priority visa pathway for highly skilled and talented individuals to work and live permanently in Australia. The program is designed to attract skilled migrants at the top future-focused fields to Australia. The program brings the best talent from around the world. This creates opportunities for Australians by transferring skills, promoting innovation, and creating job opportunities.
To express interest for priority processing within the program, a candidate will be highly skilled in one of the seven target sectors and be able to command a salary that meets the high income threshold or be a highly graded recent PhD or Masters Graduates. Target sectors
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing;
- Energy and Mining Technology;
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT;
Expected salary threshold Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold (FWHIT), which is currently AU$153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July. In assessing whether a candidate is likely to have the ability to meet this salary threshold, the Department will consider:
- current salary evidenced through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD or Masters graduates in the target sectors.
Global Talent Employer Sponsored Programme (GTES)The Global Talent Employer-Sponsored Programme allows employers to sponsor overseas workers for highly-skilled niche positions that cannot be filled:
- by Australian workers
- through other standard visa programs – in particular, the Short-term stream and Medium-term stream of the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa
Any position filled through a GTES agreement must provide opportunities for Australians by, for example:
- creating new jobs for Australians
- transferring skills and knowledge to Australian workers
Businesses must demonstrate how you realize these opportunities throughout the GTES agreement period. The main features of the GTES are:
- trusted employers can access highly-skilled roles — business is are not restricted to occupation lists for the TSS visa short-term or medium-term streams
- there are 2 streams – Established business and Startups
- the earning threshold for applicants is higher than under the standard TSS stream
- business can negotiate variations on the standard TSS visa requirements
- the visa is valid for up to four (4) years and allows access to a permanent residence pathway
- business can negotiate age requirements for the permanent residence pathway
- priority processing of GTES agreements
Approved businesses must meet specific criteria and requirements to be considered for the GTES.
Subclass 858 Distinguished Talent visa
This is a permanent visa for people who have an internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in an eligible field.
- Must apply inside of Australia or in Australia;
- You must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your profession;
- You must be still prominent in the area;
- You would be an asset to the Australian community;
- You must have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia;
- You must have be nominated by:
- an Australian peak body or organisation;
- an Australian citizen;
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen;
They must also:
- have a national reputation in your field;
- be highly regarded throughout Australia.
All fees are in Australian dollars and are for my professional immigration services only. Any disbursements or miscellaneous expenses incurred that are associated with the migration process (e.g. visa application charges, translation costs, etc.) are not included. Please note these fees do not include visa application charges payable to the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA) and cover only visa application-related services. Immigration Services for the GSM visas include:
- Planning and full support of your entire immigration process from start to finish, taking into account all your circumstances;
- Comprehensive ongoing and personalized advice, provision of information and documentation in all aspects of the immigration case;
- Assistance with preparation of all necessary documents;
- Preparation and submission of all applications, required documents and forms on behalf of the client to the skills assessment bodies of Australia, representing clients in these organizations;
- Certification of copies of documents, subject to the inspection of the originals by the Registered Migration Agent;
- Preparation and submission of an application with all required documents and forms on behalf of the client to the State Nomination Australian Governmental bodies, representing clients in these organizations. Preparation and submission of SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EoI);
- Preparation and submission of a visa application to the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA) on behalf of the client and ongoing representation of interests of the client there;
- Payment of all application’s fees and charges on behalf of the client;
- Post-immigration advice to the client regarding moving to Australia, employment, housing search, opening bank accounts, obtaining medical insurance, registration with Medicare and Centrelink, obtaining Tax Identification Number, placement of children to schools or Daycare & Kindergarten.
Additional services for the GSM visas that are provided for an extra charge or by third parties include:
Translation of the documents by a NAATI accredited translator. It is possible to use alternatives to the NAATI translations as long as they are accordingly certified. Though such translations may not be accepted by the Australian Post Office when applying for the Australian Passport. Please discuss fees for the translations directly with NAATI accredited translators. An average cost of all translations required for a visa application ranges between AU$200.00 to AU$1,500.00.
- Assistance with Syllabi for Accounting qualifications skills assessments;
Comprehensive submissions writing for extremely complex cases.
In the case of selecting a Licensed Australian Migration Agent, you are primarily guided by the question of the cost of services, I will match or better any genuine offer made to you in writing by another migration agent, provided that it does not contradict the legislation of Australia.
- (Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa) – contact us;
- (Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa) – contact us;
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa – contact us;
- Distinguished Talent visa category– contact us.
For those who are interested, the range of average fees for professional services, charged by registered migration agents is available on the MARA web site.
Australian Registered Migration Agent