BSMQ will issue business nomination invitations to selected business visa subclasses & streams on Friday 25 January 2019. The nominations will be issued until additional nomination quota has been filled. These visa subclasses include:
- 132A Business Talent visa (Permanent) – Significant Business History stream only (excluding applications with an intention to invest in residential property development businesses in Brisbane and Gold Coast)
- 188B – Business Innovation and Investment visa (Provisional) – Investor Stream
- 188C – Business Innovation and Investment visa (Provisional) – Significant Investor Stream.
BSMQ will start processing expressions of interest (EOIs) which were lodged after 2 January 2019 in the above visa categories & streams and will consider reopening 188A – Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Provisional) – Innovation Stream on a case-by-case basis.
The following conditions apply:
- BSMQ will not accept a second EOI from the same applicant for renomination within six months of the first nomination being issued.
- BSMQ will no longer give a special endorsement for an age waiver from 25 January 2019 to 30 June 2019 if the applicant is over 55.
- BSMQ will only consider issuing invitations to applicants who have selected ‘Queensland only’ as their chosen state.